Hot Off The Press
Ovol USA introduces Reacto Carbonless to Compliment our Business Forms Offering
OVOL USA’s CoronaVirus Policy
Gould Paper Corp OVOL USA has implemented the following steps to help mitigate the risk of exposure and spread of the illness within our offices and facilities:• Vendors, customers and other visitors are not allowed to enter any company facility thru 15 April 2020, this may be revised as the situation evolves
• We are encouraging the use of Teams for video meetings and are suggesting that vendors arrange video conference rather than visits
• All Associates who are ill or showing symptoms consistent with the virus are asked to stay home. We are adjusting our attendance policies to promote this behavior.
• Non-essential travel has been restricted.
• The importance of good hygiene has been communicated throughout our organization, and we have increased the frequency and intensity of workplace disinfection.
• Division managers will share further detail concerning working remotely if required
From the CDC the below guidelines should be followed:
• Consider your health, as well as the health of your family and friends prior to travel. Reschedule your travel plans if you are unwell or are concerned that you may have flu-like symptoms. Also reschedule if family members or others with whom you have had close personal contact have become ill.
• Monitor the latest information on the virus as well as the quarantine and isolation procedures that have been implemented at both your origin and your destination and all points in between.
• Maintain good personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Carry a hand sanitizer for use when soap and water aren’t readily available.
• Talk to your travel health professional about whether the flu may be a more serious disease for you. Pregnant women and people with underlying health conditions are at higher risk of severe infection.
• Ensure all of your routine vaccinations are up-to-date.
• People who have not had an annual flu vaccination should consider having one to prevent regular seasonal flu.
Introduction of a Group Brand and Formulation of a Corporate Philosophy
Amid the continuing globalization of the Japan Pulp & Paper Group and diversification of its business activities, in order for each of the Group’s members throughout the world to better grasp the values common to the Group and enable them to come together as one and promote the Group’s business activities, Japan Pulp & Paper Co.,Ltd hereby announces the introduction of a new group brand and corporate philosophy to be adopted from October of this year.
1. Background & Purpose
The globalization of the Japan Pulp & Paper Group and diversification of its business operations have been progressing at a rapid pace, which has resulted in the evolution of a diversified workforce of approximately 3,300 employees hailing from different business activities and countries and who possess differing sets of values.
2. Group Brand & Corporate Philosophy
The name “OVOL” together with a newly created logo will be adopted as the new Group brand, as a symbol of the Group’s direction and future possibilities. OVOL will be introduced into use from October 2017.
The new Group Corporate Philosophy is composed of various components: Our Corporate Spirit, which detail values considered important by the Group; Our Mission; and Our Principles, which defines those principles that management consider must be proactively practiced. A new Group Corporate Slogan has also been established, which brings together these concepts and indicates the direction of the Group’s business activities.
3. About the Group Brand
THE MEANING BEHIND THE LOGO
The two Os in the OVOL logo symbolize the global expansion of the Japan Pulp & Paper Group. The shape of the striking logo is not only reminiscent of a celestial orbit and ovals, but the repetition within the letter O represents a smooth and never ending continuity, nature and familiarity, as well as the direction of the Japan Pulp & Paper Group in its global expansion, and these are conveyed in a unique way that is both visual and almost aural. The letters of the logo include the word “VOL”, which conveys an image of flying in languages with a Latin origin such as French, and the four letters of “OVOL” represent both “the power to fly into the future” and the possibilities of a story’s new beginning.
WHAT THE LOGO COLOR SYMBOLIZES
The gray used in the logo has a high affinity with other colors and is also a harmonizing color that enhances any surrounding colors. As gray is a blend of all colors, it represents the cooperative ability to bring out the best in, and bring together, others. Gray also symbolizes the way of the Japan Pulp & Paper Group, which transcends time and is sought out for its significance.
4. About the Corporate Philosophy
Our Corporate Spirit
Nurture people through integrity, foster trust through fairness, support society through harmony.
Carving a better future for society and the environment.
Change ourselves as society changes.
Challenge new fields with conviction and ambitious spirit.
Create fresh global value through diversity.
“Paper, and beyond”
Group Brand Introduction Leaflet DOWNLOAD